How to Install Fuhr Sliding Door Hardware
Original Fuhr locks are no longer manufactured, but All About Doors & Windows stocks a large supply of Fuhr replacement hardware. Here are installation instructions for your Fuhr sliding door handle.
- 1) Apply interior and exterior escutcheon plates of the Fuhr replacement lock, and fasten loosely with the 2″ Phillips head screw provided. Note: Interior plate has recessed holes for screws, as shown.
- 2) Install interior and exterior lever handles as shown. Do not tighten screws.
- 3) Install Fuhr lock cylinder from interior side. Inset the cone-tip cylinder screw through the pre-drilled hole in the stile as shown, then tighten. This will go through the stile and the cylinder.
- 4) Tighten the escutcheon plates.
- 5) Hold your Fuhr replacement lever handles flush to the escutcheon plates, then tighten the set screws with an allen wrench.
- 6) For the passive door panel on bi-parting units, repeat the above procedure.
- Refer to the door unit installation instruction sheet for proper operation and care of your Fuhr replacement hardware.